Today’s #NaBloPoMo blog post is a short-but-sweet daynotes edition. The reasons for this are two-fold:
- I feel genuinely exhausted today and don’t want to put pressure on myself to spend hours writing something that I won’t be proud of
- I want to put myself back onto the path of publishing #weeknotes!
Things I did at work
- Designed a two hour Forward Leadership workshop focusing on goals based management, leadership styles, the three FL mindsets (people first, outcomes oriented, digital).
- Spent some time catching up with Natasha, a project lead in my team (who is bloody brilliant in so many ways).
- Delivered a four hour Forward Leadership workshop that focused on design thinking, customer/user journey maps, ideation, minimum viable products, value proposition canvases, prototyping, pitching. We also covered what people think they do well with the mindsets, what they want to be better at, and what they want to do next. Lots of really exciting ideas about how we can make more user-focused policy, which I’ll cover in a later blog post.
- Spoke briefly with a Deputy Director who wants to accelerate Forward leadership training across policy roles of all grades — lots of opportunities here!
- Did a whole bunch of governance returns — reporting on delivery milestones, calculating recharge figures for other Depts, etc. This type of work is absolutely not my skillset and completely drains my energy.
How I felt today
Such a mixture of emotions today. Slightly anxious about doing a good job during what feels like a tough time, excited about designing content for workshops, on a high from delivering a great workshop, shattered by the time I got home. Wished I’d been at #TICTeCLocal!
What I listened to today
Things I read today
- On leadership in the public sector [Prateek Bunch, OneTeamGov]
Other things that made me smile today.
Until next time! ❤